A family is suing supplement maker Kratom after a father died after mixing orange juice with the store-bought supplement powder while having dinner with his family.
Peter McPherson, a security guard, sat down to drink his orange juice with the supplements shortly before he began shaking and jokes up white runtz carts collapsed in front of his family members.
His wife and son preformed CPT until emergency services arrived, who took him to a hospital in Chatsworth, where he was pronounced dead.
The Gordon County Medical Examiner said McPherson died from ‘acute mitragynine (kratom) toxicity,’ according to a wrongful death lawsuit the family filed.
Mitragynine is one of the active alkaloids from the plant commonly known as kratom.
Peter McPherson, a security guard and father who died after mixing the supplement Kratom with orange juice, is pictured.The family is now suing the supplement manufacturers, distributors and sellers of Kratom
McPherson is pictured wife his family in happier times. His wife and son preformed CPT until emergency services arrived, who took him to a hospital in Chatsworth, where he was pronounced dead
<div class="art-ins mol-factbox floatRHS news" data-version="2" id="mol-2090e070-7b02-11ed-a4ec-2f1d7ce17f90" website sues Kratom-makers after father dies while at the dinner table